Reflecting on what we’ve worked on so far with our first foreclosure and adventures in renovation, here are some things I learned:
- You will get a lot done in the beginning, and then it will wear you out to nothing, and then you will wonder how in the world you use to work on projects every day through the night while also working
- Owning a house means less time for other things in life because you are cleaning it every weekend
- Bugs/tiny spiders/medium spiders always seem to be able to come into your house from only God knows where…”But I put up all the trim and caulked this whole house!”
- Paint changes everything
- Google will help you figure out how to do pretty much anything yourself
- Landscaping is hard to do yourself if you have an odd shaped yard and it’s overgrown with weeds and you can’t seem to win.
- You don’t need to spend a lot of money to have a beautiful space to live, sleep, and eat in.
- One bathroom is very difficult to share with roommates/guests/strangers. If possible, try to find a place with two bathrooms. This doesn’t matter if you never plan on having roommates or strangers living in your home.